To understand which mechanisms are most important in clinically common neuropathic conditions, and whether these explain the high susceptibility of women to develop such symptoms.
To develop efficient assays that capture the key mechanisms that can be used for compound screening.
- Combining the latest knowledge in biology with the newest technologies will allow NGN-PET to address the following specific objectives:
- Use our more clinically relevant models to identify the disease-relevant mechanisms in the interactions that take place between neurons and glia.
- Use this knowledge to identify targets for therapeutic intervention and identify biomarkers.
- Use the novel systems to identify new analgesics for the treatment of neuropathic pain.
- Use our novel systems to generate intellectual property, products and services to increase the competitiveness of European SMEs.